Hi I'm Amie, creator of Spoonful of Vintage! Since you're probably new to my blog, here's a few things you might want to know about me:
- I'm 22 years old, but still a little girl at heart.
- I live with my prince charming of 5 years. He's my best friend, my soul mate and my polar opposite. We finish each others sentences and say aloud what the other is thinking on a disturbingly high frequency.
- We have a weird, loud, hyperactive, gravity defying, hallucinating, OCD, smelly, ginger cat called Curious George.
- I have a fixation with anything fantasy, mystical and magical. I was obsessed with fairies, gnomes, goblins, witches and fairytale creatures as a child. Nothing much has changed; I tired to ignore this fascination through my teenage and early university years to be a little less geeky, but the older I get, the more I love my weirdness, and the less I care what other people think!
- I inherited my parents love of photography and old things, along with some beautiful old film cameras and manual lenses from dads ever growing collection! I'm still working up the courage to snap away, because film on a student budget is expensive!
- I am a total science geek. Give me natural history doco's over movies any day. I like finding out what the latest scientific discoveries are on a daily basis. Museums and the non-fiction section of the library make me squeal There is just SO MUCH to learn about the world! and I'm doing so one National Geographic at a time!
- I am vegetarian... because I lack self control and have too much of an infatuation with creamy cheese to be vegan at this point of my life.
- Even though I am a florally dainty kinda girl...I'm quite the metal/ rock fan! Tool, Deftones, A Perfect Circle, The Mars Volta, Blink 182, Senses Fail, Pucifer, The Cure, blah blah blah, ect ect ect. Sometimes, you can't judge a book by its cover!
- I am very passionate about animal welfare and animal rights...Probably because I am a die hard social constructionist (If you don't know it, google it) What makes my life more important than any other living creature's?
- When I am not prancing around in frocks and getting lost in my imagination, I am actually doing my Master of Counselling, and on placements as a youth counsellor in high schools! the work I do is beyond fulfilling and getting to make even a small difference in someone's life is such a privilege.
So, that's me in a nutshell! If you have any questions about me, my little life and my blog, feel free to get in touch with me email@example.com, or leave comments on my posts! I really love hearing from you!